Folks® sponsors CURE Childhood Cancer, which is a nonprofit organization dedicated to conquering childhood cancer through research, education and support of patients and their families. CURE is a Georgia's oldest and most successful children's cancer charity. It was founded in 1975 by a group of parents who knew firsthand the heartbreak and fear of having a child diagnosed with cancer. At that time, kids with leukemia had less than a 20% chance of survival. Today, the rate is close to 80%. Scientist have made more progress in childhood cancer than any other disease except pneumonia. Best of all, researchers say they will discover a cure for cancer in our lifetime.
For more information on CURE please call (770) 986-0035 or visit their web site at www.curechildhoodcancer.org